Sunday, September 14, 2014

Twitter: Our most valuable form of Professional Development?



Teacher with Library Responsibilities and English teacher,  Ms Jo Pearson, has just begun to use Twitter for professional learning and development. Twitter is a micro blogging services where people ‘tweet’ short messages to their ‘followers’.  

“Initially I was quite sceptical about the value that Twitter could offer but it has enabled me to create my own personal learning network.  It keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in education and it connects me with like-minded individuals. ”  
 
Following the ‘right’ people is the key for using twitter. Many organisations such as ‘edchatnz’ and ‘daily genius’ provide valuable teaching resources and ideas.  

“Twitter’s potential for teachers is amazing. I love the fact that there are people who are ready and  willing to share resources.  The curriculum specific  organisations, such as EngChatNZ, offer some valuable links to discussions, resources and online professional development. 

No comments:

Post a Comment